- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in bananas, oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Immediately remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Oatmeal Cookies(20)
Sort By :
I cooked at a higher temp (450) for a shorter time (9 mins) and substituted ginger(which I had) for the cloves(which I did not have). The cookies were moist and delicious :)
These are great flavored cookies but they were a little dry. I used a cup of butter instead of the butter-flavored shortening and I used a cup of chopped walnuts instead of the chocolate chips. I even used a quarter cup of whipping cream but they were still a little dry. I will make them again and experiment to get a more moist cookie.
Great quick cookie! Absolutely adorable....
I adjusted this one to accommodate the ingredients I had on hand. Instead of a full cup of butter flavored Crisco, I used 1/2 cup each of regular Crisco and butter. Instead of chocolate chips, white chocolate chips went into the batter. Next time, I'll add some walnuts or pecans.
Excellent taste and texture! Cookies are very soft and moist. I would have added more chocolate chips, but my wife thinks that more chocolate would everpower the very pleasant banana taste. Definitely a keeper!