"I concocted these fluffy pancakes using a muffin recipe," relates Janie Obermier of St. Joseph, Missouri. "We love them topped with strawberry jam for breakfast, supper or even just snacking. They're delicious drizzled with maple syrup, too."
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Combine the egg, milk, banana and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Oat Pancakes in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p21
Reviews for Banana Oat Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review