Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Combine the egg, milk, banana and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Oat Pancakes
Sort By :
"My husband and I really enjoyed these pancakes! I did substitute brown sugar for the white sugar and added a little extra oil to the skillet about halfway through to keep the pancakes from sticking. We thought this recipe was a nice change of pace from traditional pancakes."
"We really enjoyed this banana pancake! Plus, it's a little healthier than our traditional pancakes."
"My family loved the pancakes and I loved the recipe, so easy to make and tasty.. I didn't have problems with sticky skillet, I used Teflon skillet and a little butter before each pancake =)"
"Loved the recipe. I added 1/2 t or so of salt and mixed half wheat and half white flour. Then topped the pancake with peanut butter and maple syrup. Yum!"
"I made this as a special breakfast for my young boys while the oldest was on Spring Break and they both Loved them! They asked me to make them again sometime. I even used white whole wheat and couldn't tell any difference."