- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat banana, peanut butter, honey and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, combine next six ingredients; gradually beat into wet mixture. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness.
- Bake until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to finish cooling. Serve warm or at room temperature. To reheat, microwave each cookie on high just until warmed, 15-20 seconds.
- . Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
"This is a winner! It's hard to eat just one! As we all do, I adjusted the recipe to what I had on hand. I replaced peanut butter with almond butter; replaced "craisins" with chopped dates; and added 3/4 cup toasted slivered almonds. I don't have the dry milk powder, so it was omitted. I was alarmed that there was no egg, but it's not necessary at all. You will enjoy this breakfast treat!"