Banana Nut Pancakes
"I enjoy these versatile pancakes since they're a satisfying breakfast and can be a deliciously different dessert," reveals Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida.
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in whipped
- topping (mixture will be stiff); set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. Beat the egg, milk
- and oil; add to pancake mix and mix well. Fold in banana and pecans.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Serve with cream cheese topping. Yield: 8-10 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 543 calories, 34 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.