"I enjoy these versatile pancakes since they're a satisfying breakfast and can be a deliciously different dessert," reveals Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in whipped topping (mixture will be stiff); set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. Beat the egg, milk and oil; add to pancake mix and mix well. Fold in banana and pecans.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with cream cheese topping. Yield: 8-10 pancakes.
Originally published as Banana Nut Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p8
Reviews for Banana Nut Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2011
"Used sugar coated pecans chopped incredibly fine. It was delicious. For sure keeper"
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
"Great recipe to make with kids. My 2 yr old helped with many of the steps. The results were very tasty!"