"I enjoy these versatile pancakes since they're a satisfying breakfast and can be a deliciously different dessert," reveals Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in whipped topping (mixture will be stiff); set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. Beat the egg, milk and oil; add to pancake mix and mix well. Fold in banana and pecans.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with cream cheese topping. Yield: 8-10 pancakes.
Originally published as Banana Nut Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p8
Reviews for Banana Nut Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2011
"Used sugar coated pecans chopped incredibly fine. It was delicious. For sure keeper"
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
"Great recipe to make with kids. My 2 yr old helped with many of the steps. The results were very tasty!"