- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Banana Nut Muffins(17)
Sort By :
These muffins had a fluffy cake like texture and tasted great with chopped chocolate instead of walnuts. I also added 1/4 cup maple syrup. They are perfect for picky children!
I used your recipe but, I used splenda instead of sugar, they are very good... next time I will use the applesauce for the butter.
Very good muffin recipe. I added some wheat germ. They taste wonderful.
I doubled the recipe for my family and even the one kid who claims not to like bananas enjoyed it!
Great for kids as very low in sugar. I made into mini- muffins and my daughter loved them.