Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, egg substitute, bananas, applesauce and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched. Cook for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Nut Muffins(3)
Sort By :
There's not nutmeg in this recipe so I'm not sure what the previous reviewer meant. Anyway, for being healthy, these are pretty good! I used pecans instead of walnuts, whole wheat flour, and 2 eggs because I had no egg substitute on hand.
Not a lot of flavor and there was too much nutmeg. I would add more sugar and cinnamon to the mix.
Very good recipe!! I had to cut in 1/2 for just hubby & myself. And he couldn't say enough how much he liked these muffins!! (I didn't tell him they were healthy :) ) Thanks for sharing! MMMM good!