- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a
- wire rack.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over
- medium heat. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt with a small
- amount of milk until smooth. Gradually add the remaining milk. Stir
- in egg yolk. Add to brown sugar mixture. Cook and stir over medium
- heat for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; add vanilla and nuts. Cool. Spread between cake
- layers. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Chill. Store in
- refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 436 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.