Betty Jean Nichols of Eugene, Oregon adds sliced bananas and crunchy ginger-roasted walnuts to her tossed salad. She suggests using Gorgonzola cheese.
Featured In: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup walnuts halves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a bowl, combine the oil, soy sauce, salt, ginger and onion powder. Add walnuts; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned and evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and bananas. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and toasted walnuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Banana-Nut Green Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p35
Reviews for Banana-Nut Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2009
"This was very good! My family always want's me to make it now."