Banana Nut Fruitcake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add bananas. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to banana mixture just until blended. Fold in the pecans, cherries and pineapple.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 399 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Banana Nut Fruitcake
"I have made this recipe twice now and it has been great both times. I used walnuts in place of the pecans and added coconut-yum. This recipe makes a wonderful presentation for Christmas."
"I'm making this every X-Mas from now on!!!"
"Wonderfully easy with a dynamic taste"
"is the calorie count correct? 400 for 1 slice??!"
"i've always made banana nut bread... but making it into a fruit cake was my first and it was a HIT!!! i would definitely make it again and again every year~ or maybe throughout the whole year so easy, simple, and delicious."
"I was impressed with this, it actually tastes like xmas cake ...I will definetily make again ."