Banana Nut Fruitcake Recipe
Combining two popular baked goods - banana bread and fruitcake - yielded this treat. Even people who don't care for fruitcake will like this version!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add bananas. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to banana mixture just until blended. Fold in the pecans, cherries and pineapple.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 399 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC