- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add bananas. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to banana mixture just until blended. Fold in the pecans, cherries and pineapple.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forBanana Nut Fruitcake
"I have made this recipe twice now and it has been great both times. I used walnuts in place of the pecans and added coconut-yum. This recipe makes a wonderful presentation for Christmas."
"I'm making this every X-Mas from now on!!!"
"Wonderfully easy with a dynamic taste"
"is the calorie count correct? 400 for 1 slice??!"
"I was impressed with this, it actually tastes like xmas cake ...I will definetily make again ."