Combining two popular baked goods - banana bread and fruitcake - yielded this treat. Even people who don't care for fruitcake will like this version!
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add bananas. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to banana mixture just until blended. Fold in the pecans, cherries and pineapple.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Banana Nut Fruitcake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p34
Reviews for Banana Nut Fruitcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review