Banana Nut Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 15 cupcakes.
1 each: 153 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Banana Nut Cupcakes
"I tried this recipe and it turned out great! I dont eat eggs so I replaced it with two heaping tablespoons of yogurt and it was totally perfect, will make it again :)"
"These are outstanding. I doubled the recipe and got 36 cupcakes. I used plain yogurt rather then milk. I used 4 banana and added cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. These have a light springy texture. Not too sweet I am going to make a cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I will be making these again."
"Absolutely delicious!I substituted 1/2 cup of shredded cocoanut for the nuts and sprinkled a little on top of each cupcake before baking. Scrumptious!"
"This was amazing. I doubled the reicpe and the kids loved them. They were moist tooooo!!"
"I used walnuts for the chopped nuts. Made 1/2 a batch with the nuts and 1/2 without to please everyone in the house. The kids loved them! Should have doubled the batch!"
"I also made this recipe using a gluten free flour mix and I used egg replacer. These cupcakes were amazing! I have made them twice in the last week and this recipe will become a staple in our house."