- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 15 cupcakes.
Reviews for Banana Nut Cupcakes
"I tried this recipe and it turned out great! I dont eat eggs so I replaced it with two heaping tablespoons of yogurt and it was totally perfect, will make it again :)"
"These are outstanding. I doubled the recipe and got 36 cupcakes. I used plain yogurt rather then milk. I used 4 banana and added cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. These have a light springy texture. Not too sweet I am going to make a cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I will be making these again."
"Absolutely delicious!I substituted 1/2 cup of shredded cocoanut for the nuts and sprinkled a little on top of each cupcake before baking. Scrumptious!"
"This was amazing. I doubled the reicpe and the kids loved them. They were moist tooooo!!"
"I used walnuts for the chopped nuts. Made 1/2 a batch with the nuts and 1/2 without to please everyone in the house. The kids loved them! Should have doubled the batch!"