Banana-Nut Corn Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients just until blended. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Banana-Nut Corn Bread(3)
Sort By :
I've been making this recipe for years as a great alternative to using up aging bananas. However, some manufacturers have started shrinking the sizes of their product, so be mindful of the 8.5 ounces required for this bread when selecting a brand.
corn bread was moist without being gummy. added 1tsp. of vanilla to the mix;also put in mini pans instead of loaf pans. will definately make this again.
Made this with our favorite corn bread mix but putting banana in it just didn't make it taste great. My husband isn't a picky eater but he didn't like it either. This is not something I'd make again.