- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat bananas, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Banana-Nut Chip Bread
"Definitely has a different texture with the oats, but it is soooo good!"
"My husband and I absolutely love this recipe for Banana-Nut bread!! I have made this recipe several times and I love all of the flavor that it has. It does not disappoint!"
"Very yummy bread with gooey chocolate chips, crunchy nuts, and the goodness of oatmeal. My favorite banana bread."