Banana Nut Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Beat in the eggs, oil and vanilla. Fold in pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 468 calories, 26g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Banana Nut Cake
"I used two tsp. of cinnamon no nutmeg, pecans instead of walnuts and omega 3 oil instead of vegie oil. The cake is excellent, moist and fit for a party. I served it with whip cream."
"Great recipe! Substituted egg beaters, 1 cup of sugar w/Splenda, 1/2 cup applesauce w/the remainder oil, & 1 cup pecans instead of walnuts and it was delicious! I will definitely make this again."
"Banana, Pineapple and walnuts?? What could be better! This is a great recipe that makes A LOT! I choose to put ours into two mini bundt pans and a small loaf pan. This allows us to share this great cake/bread. Some of the pans I left out the walnuts, only because of a neighbor's allergies, still tastes wonderful. A very moist cake that it not soggy or sticky. Great for lunch time packaging or a snack while walking out the door."
"I love this cake and so does my co-workers. Can't wait for my family to try on it!"
"So good that it needs no adornment! I usually bake two of these cakes at a time, one to eat the day it's baked and one to freeze. I don't double the recipe - I start over for the second one. I learned the hard way that doubling is not recommended."
"I can't wait to surprise my Aunt w/this cake!!"