Banana Nut Cake Recipe
I'm a pastor's wife and it's so good to have something to serve when friends drop in unexpectedly. Because this cake can be frozen and also keeps well in the refrigerator, I try to have one on hand...just in case.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Beat in the eggs, oil and vanilla. Fold in pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 468 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC