I'm a pastor's wife and it's so good to have something to serve when friends drop in unexpectedly. Because this cake can be frozen and also keeps well in the refrigerator, I try to have one on hand...just in case.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Beat in the eggs, oil and vanilla. Fold in pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Banana Nut Cake in Country Extra May 1995, p51
Reviews for Banana Nut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review