- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Beat in the eggs, oil and vanilla. Fold in pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Nut Cake
Sort By :
Great recipe! Substituted egg beaters, 1 cup of sugar w/Splenda, 1/2 cup applesauce w/the remainder oil, & 1 cup pecans instead of walnuts and it was delicious! I will definitely make this again.
Not happy with this cake. Next time I will grease and flour the pan. My cake stick and there is no top as it is still in the pan.
Banana, Pineapple and walnuts?? What could be better! This is a great recipe that makes A LOT! I choose to put ours into two mini bundt pans and a small loaf pan. This allows us to share this great cake/bread. Some of the pans I left out the walnuts, only because of a neighbor's allergies, still tastes wonderful. A very moist cake that it not soggy or sticky. Great for lunch time packaging or a snack while walking out the door.
This is SO much better than banana bread! It's the best cake I think I've ever eaten. It is loaded with flavor, light and moist ... I couldn't ask for anything better, and it's so easy to make. I will never throw away ripe bananas again!
I love this cake and so does my co-workers. Can't wait for my family to try on it!