Banana Nut Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Beat in the eggs, oil and vanilla. Fold in pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Nut Cake(6)
Sort By :
Banana, Pineapple and walnuts?? What could be better! This is a great recipe that makes A LOT! I choose to put ours into two mini bundt pans and a small loaf pan. This allows us to share this great cake/bread. Some of the pans I left out the walnuts, only because of a neighbor's allergies, still tastes wonderful. A very moist cake that it not soggy or sticky. Great for lunch time packaging or a snack while walking out the door.
This is SO much better than banana bread! It's the best cake I think I've ever eaten. It is loaded with flavor, light and moist ... I couldn't ask for anything better, and it's so easy to make. I will never throw away ripe bananas again!
I love this cake and so does my co-workers. Can't wait for my family to try on it!
Makes a big beautiful moist cake that stirs together quickly. I used my bunt pan which made a very attractive cake.
So good that it needs no adornment! I usually bake two of these cakes at a time, one to eat the day it's baked and one to freeze. I don't double the recipe - I start over for the second one. I learned the hard way that doubling is not recommended.