Banana-Nut Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, bananas, pineapple and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in coconut and nuts. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 408 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Banana-Nut Bundt Cake
"Made this for Christmas morning and it was a hit. Not too sweet and just the right moistness. It is definitely a keeper."
"I had everything but the coconut but it still turned out great. It was actually my first bundt cake ever. I improvised and made a coffee cinnamon glaze to go over it. (1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp powdered instant coffee mix, and milk a tsp at a time until it was the right consistency.) Mine fell apart a bit too but my mother in law said to flour the pan after you grease it to make it come out better."
"I tried this and it was delicious, the only thing is I couldn't get it out of the bundt pan in one piece. What did I do wrong? I used PAM to grease it with, should I have used lard instead?"