Banana Nut Bread Recipe
This quick bread is a family favorite, so I always seem to have ripe bananas on hand especially for this recipe. I'm sure your family will love this tasty nutty bread as much as mine.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and sour cream. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 244 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Nut Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC