Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and sour cream. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 244 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Banana Nut Bread
"I found this recipe to have very little flavor...but I did change it some to suit our needs: I did not use real butter because of a dairy allergy, used about 1 1/3 cups mashed banana, 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and did not add any nuts. I might try it again using the entire amount of all-purpose and not substituting any whole wheat flour, but unfortunately, I will have to remain with the dairy-free margarine and no nuts."
"The bread turned out perfect. My whole family enjoyed eating this with some butter. My five year old daughter loved smooshing the bananas. I did add some pumpkin spice along with the cinnamon. I will make this again."
"YUM! Great with whole wheat flour.~ Theresa"
"I save bananas to a zip bag in my freezer as they start to get too ripe, so when I have enough...I bake this bread! But I DOUBLE the amount of the bananas...it makes such a rich, dark, moist loaf. Very good!"
"Very good. I increased the bananas to 1 1/4 c but still could use more or use some banana extract. Also, added 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips. I bake mine in two pans 7 3/8 x 3 5/8 for 45 min."