- 3 cups milk, divided
- 3 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/3 cup creme de cacao
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream and baking cocoa, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups milk, 1-1/2 cups cream, egg yolks and sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Place bananas in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Pour milk mixture into a pitcher; stir in the banana puree, rum, creme de cacao, vanilla, and remaining milk and cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa if desired. Yield: 11 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Banana Nog
Sort By :
"I made this yesterday and it is to die for!!!!! I will certainly add it to my recipe collection. I don't like a strong rum flavor so I only added half of what was called for in the recipe, but ended up adding the full amount of rum and the rum taste was not overpowering. Think I will have to buy more half and half just to make it again."
"I got this recipe out of your magazine last year and made it for Thanksgiving. It was a sensation! This is now a tradition I've added to my holidays thanks to you, Taste of Home!"