Banana Muffins Recipe
“These muffins turn out wonderful every single time,” says Linda Heywood of Mill Bay, British Columbia. “My uncle raves abut them when he comes to visit.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place the biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the egg, bananas, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 168 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC