Banana Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place the biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the egg, bananas, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 168 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Banana Muffins
"These were excellent. Everyone loved them."
"This was definitely quick and easy. We love nuts, so I added 1/2 c. chopped walnuts to the muffin batter. YUM"
"quick & easy. Great way to use up bananas that are going ripe. I sprinkled some chopped walnuts over the top of a few of the muffins."
"These muffins are made with staple ingredients, were easy to make, and tasted great."
"I was disappointed after reading the positive reviews - the reason I made them. I used ripe bananas as other suggested. Very bland..."
"These muffins had great banana flavor! I used 2 ripe bananas but had to add about 2 Tbsp more milk as my batter was dry. I too would sweeten the recipe a bit, but that is personal preference."
"Incredibly quick and easy to make fresh and eat warm on even weekday mornings! My husband and four young children loved it!"
"These are nice, light muffins with a good flavor, and easy to make. Two things: I used three mashed bananas -- I have no idea why you would specify 1 3/4 cups. Also, this was more (maybe because of my bananas!) than 12 cups 2/3 full. I nearly filled up the cups and had a bit left over -- but that was OK because they didn't rise all that much. They are lovely & I'll do them again. Easier & quicker than banana bread."
"Very good -- not very sweet (my bananas were just ripe, not over-ripe -- riper might add more sweetness, as might a streusel topping). My friend loved the lighter sweetness -- banana flavor comes through more. Wonderful texture."