Banana Muffins with Streussel Topping Recipe
"I'm a retired teacher, and not I stay busy planning and preparing weekly meals at our church," relates Elizabeth Viola. The Rogersville, Tennessee reader bakes these delightful muffins that are like miniature loaves of banana bread sprinkled with a crumb topping.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in bananas and nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Muffins with Streussel Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC