Banana Muffins with Streussel Topping Recipe
"I'm a retired teacher, and not I stay busy planning and preparing weekly meals at our church," relates Elizabeth Viola. The Rogersville, Tennessee reader bakes these delightful muffins that are like miniature loaves of banana bread sprinkled with a crumb topping.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in bananas and nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Streusel Muffins in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p54
Reviews for Banana Muffins with Streussel Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2014
These are wonderful. I did add a 1/2 cup of quick oatmeal, just because I always put oatmeal in muffins. They are great.
Reviewed May. 25, 2011
very good, the strudel topping makes this recipe