Banana Muffins with Miniature Chocolate Chips Recipe
These muffins are a good way to use up over-ripe bananas. You can make them the night before so they're ready to grab for breakfast. They're always a big hit. —Valerie Collier, Charleston, South Carolina
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flours, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture until just moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 258 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Muffins with Miniature Chocolate Chips
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC