- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flours, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture until just moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Banana Muffins with Miniature Chocolate Chips
"Used regular chips since that is all I had, and used 1 cup all purpose flour. They are pretty dense, but very tasty!"
"I tweaked this a hair. I added 1/4 buttermilk and used 1/2 cup of penut butter chicolate chips and 3/4 tsp of baking soda and just used 1 large banana with out measuring it. And OMG best flufdiest muffins EVER!"
"I used regular chips b/c its all I had on hand but they turned out great."
"The taste of these were just perfect. Made 18 mini muffins with regular size chips because that's all I had."
"Mmmm...tasty! I ended up with 18 medium muffins by doubling the recipe (had 3 bananas--why waste). The first dozen I baked as per recipe instructions, the remaining batter I added some medium coconut for a little extra texture. Turned out great. Look forward to making more when I've got more overripe bananas."
"They were very delicious, I got a little carried away with the chocolate and doubled the amount, I wouldn't recommend that you do this as well."
"some people just can't cook so find fault with every thing they so call try. And some of the stupid questions they ask about a recipe if you went to school before 1970 you can read and understand what is being said. have someone older then you read the recipe and explain it to you,"
"Quick, easy, and yummy!"
"These were GREAT! I'm so glad that this was the Recipe of the Day - I had some brown bananas ready to be used and these muffins were a delicious choice. My kids instantly dubbed them "magic muffins"! I followed the recipe exactly except I made twice as many!"
"These were incredible. Wonderful taste and texture. I made them with powdered butter, eggs and freeze dried bananas I will make these often."