- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flours, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture until just moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Banana Muffins with Miniature Chocolate Chips
"Used regular chips since that is all I had, and used 1 cup all purpose flour. They are pretty dense, but very tasty!"
"I tweaked this a hair. I added 1/4 buttermilk and used 1/2 cup of penut butter chicolate chips and 3/4 tsp of baking soda and just used 1 large banana with out measuring it. And OMG best flufdiest muffins EVER!"
"I used regular chips b/c its all I had on hand but they turned out great."
"The taste of these were just perfect. Made 18 mini muffins with regular size chips because that's all I had."
"Mmmm...tasty! I ended up with 18 medium muffins by doubling the recipe (had 3 bananas--why waste). The first dozen I baked as per recipe instructions, the remaining batter I added some medium coconut for a little extra texture. Turned out great. Look forward to making more when I've got more overripe bananas."