Banana Muffins with Mini Chocolate Chips Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, oil, banana and applesauce; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Muffins with Mini Chocolate Chips
Sort By :
These muffins are very good. A great use for old banana.
Added another Banana to increase flavor and reduced chips to 3/4 cup. Baked nicely, but OK overall.
I have made this recipe many times and my family loves these yummy muffins.
I made this recipe primarily because it only required one banana which was all I had. They were really good, nice & moist, with a mild banana flavor. My family loved them too of course. Gone in a day!! I did note that 15 minutes was plenty of time for baking them.
Very flavorful and moist. Definately will make them again.