"I combined a few recipes to come up with these banana muffins. The chocolate chips often surprise people who try them," writes Colleen Johnson of Elbridge, New York. "Our four boys make these disappear in a hurry, so I usually double the recipe," she adds.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, oil, banana and applesauce; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Chip Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p58
Reviews for Banana Muffins with Mini Chocolate Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review