- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the egg, bananas, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Muffins
"These were excellent. Everyone loved them."
"This was definitely quick and easy. We love nuts, so I added 1/2 c. chopped walnuts to the muffin batter. YUM"
"quick & easy. Great way to use up bananas that are going ripe. I sprinkled some chopped walnuts over the top of a few of the muffins."
"These muffins are made with staple ingredients, were easy to make, and tasted great."
"I was disappointed after reading the positive reviews - the reason I made them. I used ripe bananas as other suggested. Very bland..."
"These muffins had great banana flavor! I used 2 ripe bananas but had to add about 2 Tbsp more milk as my batter was dry. I too would sweeten the recipe a bit, but that is personal preference."
"Incredibly quick and easy to make fresh and eat warm on even weekday mornings! My husband and four young children loved it!"