- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the egg, bananas, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Muffins
"These were excellent. Everyone loved them."
"This was definitely quick and easy. We love nuts, so I added 1/2 c. chopped walnuts to the muffin batter. YUM"
"Quick & easy. Great way to use up bananas that are going ripe. I sprinkled some chopped walnuts over the top of a few of the muffins."
"These muffins are made with staple ingredients, were easy to make, and tasted great."
"I went looking for a quick way to use up some bananas as well as a quick snack for my son. He loved it and so did I."
"I was disappointed after reading the positive reviews - the reason I made them. I used ripe bananas as other suggested. Very bland..."
"AWESOME!!!! I make these on a regular basis as my family loves fresh muffins for breakfast and this recipe is super quick and easy! I added a little peanut butter and some chocolate chips to change it up, turned out GREAT!"
"I love the simplicity of this recipe, its quick bake time, and low calorie count compared to other banana breads. I used three medium, very ripe (pretty much black) bananas, and the batter was wonderfully moist. They raised beautifully and I found the taste just sweet enough."
"These muffins had great banana flavor! I used 2 ripe bananas but had to add about 2 Tbsp more milk as my batter was dry. I too would sweeten the recipe a bit, but that is personal preference."
"Incredibly quick and easy to make fresh and eat warm on even weekday mornings! My husband and four young children loved it!"