Banana Milk Drink
WHEN MONEY was short and times were tough, my mother still made this treat for us. We thought it was happiness in a glass. I recall running home from school, hoping to find this delicious drink ready for me.
I made it often for my own children, and I still mix it up today...but now I like to call it nostalgia in a glass.
-Jeanne Brown, Buffalo, New York
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash ground cinnamon, optional
- Place the first four ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until smooth. Pour into glasses; sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free milk and 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar) equals 120 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.