Banana Macadamia Muffins Recipe
“These muffins taste even better the next day, so to save time, I often make them the night before. They stay moist for days.” —Stasha Wampler, Clinchport, Virginia
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bananas, coconut and pineapple.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 294 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Macadamia Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC