- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bananas, coconut and pineapple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Macadamia Muffins
Sort By :
"I made them per the recipe & they were wonderful. My husband thought they might be the best muffin he has ever had (he's eaten more than any other muffin I've ever made). Since it makes a big batch, there was plenty to share with my son's family, freeze some & still have plenty to eat."
"These were really good. Everyone in the family loved them , even my husband , who is not a big fan of banana muffins. I used pecans instead of macadamia nuts. They made a nice big batch and were still good the next day. Delicious. Will definitely be making these again."
"exellent in flavour, very moist. makes double batch. I kept them in the fridge and warmed them up for breakfast. will deffinately make these again"
"These muffins were super moist. They were a great hit with my family. They were soooo good warm and just as great cold. I didn't make any changes to the recipe. I 'm not a big fan of coconut, but I used Baker's Angel Flake Coconut Sweetened and it was great. Definitely a keeper!"
"made this yesterday, only difference is I made it into an 8 x 8 cake, and still had enough left over for a small loaf pan too. the cake I baked for 45 minutes. and used Walnuts instead of the macadamia nuts because that is what I had. this is a great tasting cake."