- Coat two 6-in. round baking pans with cooking spray and dust with
- flour. Add batter. Bake at 375° for 23-25 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat shortening and butter until
- smooth. Add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, salt and extract; mix
- well. Stir in banana. Beat in enough of the remaining confectioners'
- sugar to achieve desired spreading consistency. Tint with food
- coloring if desired.
- Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 629 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 109 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.