Banana Ice Cream Recipe
- 6 cups cold milk, divided
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat cream and 4 cups milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine remaining milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir the juices, bananas, and pudding into cooled egg mixture.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving Yield: about 3-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 195 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Banana Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.