Banana Hot Cakes Recipe
My daughter came across this recipe and had me add it to my recipe collection. Topped with a homemade honey butter, these flapjacks are fabulous!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- HONEY PECAN BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until smooth. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, bananas, oil and lemon juice; stir unto dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with honey pecan butter and syrup if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3 hotcakes equals 447 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC