Banana Hazelnut Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/2 cups maple pancake syrup
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut Belgian cafe coffee drink mix
- Sliced ripe bananas and hazelnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, flax, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, banana, orange juice, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in hazelnuts.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine syrup and coffee drink mix; heat through. Serve with waffles. Garnish with bananas and hazelnuts if desired. Yield: 12 waffles (1-1/2 cups syrup).
2 waffles with 1/4 syrup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 493 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Hazelnut Waffles
"Yall no what a good varyiaton of this is? Them canned peaches? Plop them on the waeffels, and then get some cadenced milk, pore that all there, and it wondeross! n you don't even need to bake them home-maked waffles; jess get some egg-ohs!"