The ultimate breakfast at our house is French toast with warm bananas and Nutella. Pass it around with confectioners' sugar, maple syrup and fresh mint. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 medium banana, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional toppings: confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, fresh mint leaves, additional banana slices and additional Nutella
- On each of four bread slices, spread cream cheese and Nutella to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with banana slices, brown sugar and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, liqueur, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-low heat. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture, allowing each side to soak 30 seconds. Place sandwiches in skillet; toast each side 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana-Hazelnut Pain Perdu Duet in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p76
Reviews for Banana-Hazelnut Pain Perdu Duet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review