Banana Ghosts and Berry Ghouls
Dipped bananas and berries on a stick are as fun to make as they are to eat, especially when they become little ghosts and ghouls. —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 medium firm ripe bananas
- 18 Popsicle sticks
- 1 package (14 ounces) vibrant green Wilton candy melts, melted
- 12 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Peel bananas; cut in half widthwise. Insert sticks into bananas. Dip
- into melted chips, coating fruit completely; allow excess to drip
- off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand.
- Insert a stick into each strawberry. Dip into green coating; allow
- excess to drip off. Insert into styrofoam block. Let stand until
- set. Using melted chocolate, pipe faces onto ghosts and ghouls.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 20
- minutes. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1-1/2