- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions, omitting 1/4 cup of the water. Beat on low speed until moistened. Add banana; beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, add butter and water. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted; stir until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add the butter mixture, banana and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining sugar until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost the cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Banana Fudge Cake
Sort By :
"The cake was delicious but the frosting has problems. Tastes great but too much liquid. Next time I'll omit the water & will use softened butter. I had to add at least 2 more cups of sugar & doubled the cocoa. Too sweet & still too soft."
"I don't give this cake any stars, I am a scratch baker, don't know what came over me to try this, it taste's nothing like homemade, their is a difference, the frosting is Waaaaaay to sweet, and I put way more confection. sugar than suggested, I am going to put this cake down the disposal, I will stick with what I know to be delish. I have had many delicious recipe's from this site, this is not one of them. AND, it looks nothing like the picture. If anyone wants to try it, you go ahead, I want to read your review."
"It tastes so good and the banana makes it moist and I was impressed and so will my family. Thanks for sharing, Jan. Dot Shaw in Tilton, N.H. where today is cloudy and cool."
"The combination of chocolate and banana was a big hit with my co-workers. It was really moist. This will be added to my favorites."
"I omitted the oil, as georgeff did, thinking I would shave off some of the fat per serving. My results were not as good, unfortunately. Next time I will follow the original recipe as tested, because they always turn out right that way. The flavor of the cake is delicious, but the texture is very spongy and strange."