Banana Fruit Mini Loaves
Plenty of goodies come in these little breads. The recipe is from my aunt, who always baked homemade treats for my sister and me when we visited her. Several of her recipes remain favorites of mine.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add bananas; mix well. Combine the
- flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Fold in
- fruit, raisins and walnuts. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x
- 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 mini loaves.
Editor's Note: Bread can be baked in one 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan for 55-60 minutes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 199 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.