Plenty of goodies come in these little breads. The recipe is from my aunt, who always baked homemade treats for my sister and me when we visited her. Several of her recipes remain favorites of mine.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add bananas; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Fold in fruit, raisins and walnuts. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 mini loaves.
Originally published as Banana Fruit Mini Loaves in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p46
Reviews for Banana Fruit Mini Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review