- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add bananas; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Fold in fruit, raisins and walnuts. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 mini loaves.
Reviews for Banana Fruit Mini Loaves
Sort By :
"made it exactly,worked out good. And it doesn't scream fruitcake! In my oven it would of been better to bake for 32 minutes. 35 min. slightly over bakes it so it got a little dry. I might try a little rum in here or orange zest and a squeeze of orange juice? It will be a fun one to give out at christmas."
"I added banana extract to this,then it popped for me! I think I will try rum next time. This doesn't have the traditional dry fruit bread taste. So don't hesitate to try it! Dates or pineapple might make a good twist also. I will be adding this to my holiday baking list!!!"