Soon after I made these fritters for the first time, my husband began requesting them on a regular basis. I also like to serve them to overnight guests as a sweet breakfast treat.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large firm bananas
- Additonal oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil. Combine flour, baking powder and
- salt; stir into egg mixture until smooth. Cut bananas into quarters
- (about 2 in. long). Dip each banana piece into batter to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- banana pieces, two to three at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.