Banana French Toast
"I like serving bananas with traditional French toast," explains Don Johnson of Southfield, Michigan. "I created this version when we were out of bread but had left over hot dog buns on hand. Try it with confectioners' sugar in place of the maple syrup, or top it with sliced strawberries," he suggests.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 hot dog buns, split
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Open buns so they lie flat;
- dip both sides in the egg mixture. In a nonstick skillet, melt
- butter over medium heat. Cook buns for 2 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown. Fill with banana slices. Drizzle with syrup.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 390 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.