Banana French Toast Bake
Hamburger buns and bananas come together in this whimsical, make-ahead dish the whole family will love. It's the ultimate breakfast for dinner. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Want more recipes to inspire your morning? Take a peek at our Best Breakfasts and Brunches Guide
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut buns into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Cut cream cheese into 3/4-in. cubes;
- place over buns. Top with bananas and remaining bun cubes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, sugar, syrup and cinnamon; mix
- well. Pour over bun mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 341 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.