Hamburger buns and bananas come together in this whimsical, make-ahead dish the whole family will love. It's the ultimate breakfast for dinner. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut buns into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with cream cheese, bananas and remaining cubed buns.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, syrup and cinnamon; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Banana French Toast Bake in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p48
Reviews for Banana French Toast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review