Banana French Toast Bake Recipe
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut buns into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cut cream cheese into 3/4-in. cubes; place over buns. Top with bananas and remaining bun cubes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, sugar, syrup and cinnamon; mix well. Pour over bun mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Banana French Toast Bake(7)
Sort By :
We thought this recipe was really good! It went together in no time flat and came out of the oven beautiful & delicious, even better as a snack later in the day at room temp. - however I did not use the buns. I had some fresh baked French bread I cubed up tossed with some melted butter and baked till hard and toasty. I wanted the dry bread to really soak up the custard. - when the toasted bread came out of the oven I tossed it with some cinnamon/sugar before it cooled. The bananas were spot on! I'm going next try the recipe with sautéed cinnamon apples! Thanks ToH great recipe!!
this was not good at all. I used cut up texas toast vs. hamburger buns. That was my only substitution. This looked great coming out of the oven. However, it had no flavor, and the texture was as if someone had already chewed it for me. This should not have made the cover of the magazine.
Came out edible, but barely. I have just discovered that whole wheat buns and bananas that have sat overnight in the fridge dont look all that pretty. There is no way that picture is an accurate depiction of the recipe .......
Thiis came out terrrible. No flavor at all. It needed more cinnamon and sugar. The creamcheese was blaaaah. Recipe went into the trash.
I made this using eggs from our flock of ducks. My husband enjoyed it very much and I like the fact I can bake it in the oven.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >