Banana Date-Nut Mini Muffins Recipe
“These little muffins have so much flavor they don't need butter or jam or anything else to make them complete. I like them warm right out of the oven or after a few seconds in the microwave.” Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and egg until well blended. Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the dates, walnuts and lemon peel.
- 2. Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 muffin equals 49 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Banana Date-Nut Mini Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC