“These little muffins have so much flavor they don't need butter or jam or anything else to make them complete. I like them warm right out of the oven or after a few seconds in the microwave.” Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and egg until well blended. Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the dates, walnuts and lemon peel.
- Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Date-Nut Mini Muffins in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p18
Reviews for Banana Date-Nut Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
"very good and made bread instead, worked out well."