“These little muffins have so much flavor they don't need butter or jam or anything else to make them complete. I like them warm right out of the oven or after a few seconds in the microwave.” Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and egg until well blended. Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the dates, walnuts and lemon peel.
- Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Date-Nut Mini Muffins in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p18
Reviews for Banana Date-Nut Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
"very good and made bread instead, worked out well."