Banana Custard Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir in vanilla.
- 2. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in banana. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 235 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Banana Custard Pudding
"To field editor Hazel Fritchie of Palestine, Illinois - how creamy is this pudding? Would it hold up for slicing in a baked pie shell or graham cracker crust? If it's not thick enough, could I use unflavored gelatin to give it some body and not ruin the recipe? Thanks very much!"