Banana Custard Pudding
Banana custard Pudding is easy to stir up anytime, assures field editor Hazel Fritchie of Palestine, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in
- milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until
- thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot
- filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; gently stir in vanilla.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in banana.
- Garnish with mint if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 235 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium,