Banana Custard Pudding Recipe
Banana custard Pudding is easy to stir up anytime, assures field editor Hazel Fritchie of Palestine, Illinois.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir in vanilla.
- 2. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in banana. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 235 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC