- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir in vanilla.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in banana. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Banana Custard Pudding
Sort By :
"To field editor Hazel Fritchie of Palestine, Illinois - how creamy is this pudding? Would it hold up for slicing in a baked pie shell or graham cracker crust? If it's not thick enough, could I use unflavored gelatin to give it some body and not ruin the recipe? Thanks very much!"