Banana custard Pudding is easy to stir up anytime, assures field editor Hazel Fritchie of Palestine, Illinois.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir in vanilla.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in banana. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana Custard Pudding in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p17
Reviews for Banana Custard Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review