- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and pecans.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a small bowl; cool until mixture reaches room temperature.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in marshmallow creme and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture. Beat until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
"Really loved this recipe. Took them to work and they were a huge success! Will make again!"
"Absolutely delicious!!! We spread a little bit of Nutella on the cupcake before we ate it.....unbelievably good! Will definitely make again and again :)"
"My family loved these! I used a peanut butter frosting from another recipe ( 1/4 cu. natural peanut butter, 1/4 cu. milk, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 3 cups powdered sugar.)"
"Wow! Wow! Wow! Delicious! My husband is already begging for me to make them again. Try them out! You will not be disappointed!"
"The BEST cupcake ever!"
"Loved these cupcakes and I was even happier that they don't contain butter, just buttermilk for fewer calories. Also I did not put any icing on them and served them more as a muffin. I would even try it in a loaf pan next time."
"These cupcakes are delicious! I took them to work and everyone raved about them. One male co-worker said that they are the best cupcakes he has ever had! I agree and I only made regular chocolate frosting for them.Classicgirl"